AT&T’s 21 States and Original Bell Phone Companies, and More
AT&T’s coverage areas: States include: (Based on the original companies prior to their mergers)
- Southwestern Bell (SBC) — Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas
- Pacific Telesis — California and Nevada
- SNET — Connecticut (Sold off in 2014)
- Ameritech — Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan
- BellSouth — Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- AT&T — which at the time was a long distance company offering local service